Learn How To Go UpWind With The Complete Kitesurfing Guide – Mark Shinn
After your first waterstart in kitesurf, you will start to enjoy the awesome felling of riding!
However, you are not a completely autonomous kitesurfer until you know how to ride upwind . As all beginner, you will need to walk on the beach to come back where you started. This is what will call:
“The walk of Shame”
In this kitesurfing tutorial, Mark Shiin will give you awesome tips on how to go upwind in kitesurf:
- Park your kite in a stable position. Comfortably power up with a good size kite
- Go slow. By slowing down you will force the kite to go to the edge of wind window
- Trim your kite to further reduce your speed and bring your kite to the edge of the wind window
- Keep you kite low
- Good weight distribution (80% of the back leg, 20% of the front leg)
- Twist your hips (Left you hand of your bar)
- Aim for a point upwind of you
For progress rapidly, take Kitesurfing courses until you are able to go Up-Wind
Going Upwind is a crucial step to be an autonomous kitesurfer. It could be difficult to achieve it if you do not have a good position or you do not know what you are doing wrong.
And you? Do you know any tips to go upwind in kitesurfing ?